Supt. John H. Tillman is a native of Ponchatoula, Louisiana. He was born on April 9, 1952 to his loving parents Eddie and Hattie Tillman.
A native of Ponchatoula, Superintendent John Henry Tillman was born on April 9, 1952 to the late Eddie and late Hattie Tillman. He married the love of his life, Missionary Delores Tillman on May 2, 1979. Together, they have 9 children. He is currently a full time employee at Wal-Mart, where he has been a driver since 1999.
Superintendent Tillman has held several positions within the Church since being saved in August 1979 under the leadership of Elder Henry Robinson at Saints United COGIC. He was called by God to serve in ministry:
- 1989 – Supt. Tillman preached his first sermon.
- 1991 – He was ordained and installed by Bishop J.E. Gordon as Assistant Pastor of Saints United C.O.G.I.C.
- 1995 – He was led by God to start a church and lead a ministry. This ministry had humble beginnings in the conference room of a hotel in Hammond, LA.
- 1996 – That ministry found a home in Ponchatoula, LA.
- 2011 – He was appointed as Superintendent of The Harmony Saints Aflame District of the Eastern Louisiana 1st Jurisdiction
Superintendent Tillman is saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Ghost. He is a preacher who is on fire for God and has a heart for the people of God. A humble servant, whose favorite mantra is: “We thank God for HIS anointing!”